1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the Preppers Forum, registration is free and only takes a minute and allows you to join in with the discussions.

Please click here to register.

Whats Missing?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Prime, Feb 28, 2017.

1. ystranc

ystranc Well-Known Member

If you can find a stock of Sandvik blades for bow saws you'll find they last much better then modern ones. They're made from better steel which is up to 20% thicker and holds its set better. For logs up to 5" a bow saw with a fresh blade is only slightly slower then a chainsaw.

2. Rhona Ann Oliver

Rhona Ann Oliver New Member

i dont like jewellry but i do like swords and knives i have a small collection including a russian bayonete dont understand women who obssess about makeup and jewellery as though its be all and end all myself

3. Barbara

Barbara Member

Like Rhona, jewellery and make up hold no interest - even though l've been married 30 years l don't wear a wedding ring (but l do have one somewhere). My best present ever was a tool kit which included various screwdrivers, wrenches, saws etc and even an electric drill with masonry and wood bits. l've had great fun with it over the years. l also have a hand drill for use post SHTF but while we have electricity l will continue to use it.

lonewolf likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Administrator Staff Member

i think I've got about as much gear as I will ever need, probably too much, i'm now concentrating on increasing my skills and knowledge base.

5. ystranc

ystranc Well-Known Member

Skills and knowledge are the most portable things you will ever possess. If by some mischance you ever do need to bug out they can hopefully see you through.

6. lonewolf

lonewolf Administrator Staff Member

yes you can carry skills and knowledge with you but not much kit- which might have all gone up in flames anyway.
    skills and knowledge will last a lifetime and cannot be stolen.