1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the Preppers Forum, registration is free and only takes a minute and allows you to join in with the discussions.

Please click here to register.

My Views On Carrying Modern Gadgets.

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Keith, Aug 13, 2017.

1. mark wilson

mark wilson Moderator Staff Member

2. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

Agreed John is an excellent teacher. I had the honour of being taught by him a few years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mark wilson likes this.
  3. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

I'd suggest learning how to make an impromptu basic Knife from Stones is worth learning.

mark wilson likes this.
  4. Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer Active Member

He's a very good teacher Prime, I've also met him, as is Ray Mears, did some courses at Woodlore when he was still instructing (me and the wife did the courses). Rays courses were a nice change from the purely survival oriented courses I did in the army...a different slant on similar situations to a certain extent.

Making impromptu knives is a good idea for new preppers and not just making a knife but also looking at things that can be used as a blade for skinning et al; a piece of broken glass can quite easily skin a rabbit. This goes back to looking at what you find and what 'new' uses you can find for what is one man's junk... into your useful tool.

mark wilson and Prime like this.
  5. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

Yes I know , and agree completely.

I'd agree completely with your last paragraph - also for another reason , after one has located , made and used a Flint / Stone Knife or Tool when one is then presented with even a basic knife such as a Mora ( Still my first and only choice ) then one is not in a mind phase of always seeking ' the next best knife ' syndrome which befalls many.

The Glass and Rubbish is a really good point also. Look to utilise what you have , not bitch about what you don't.

We on the same course butchered a Deer with just a Piece of Flint roughly knapped - remember we are looking for FUNCTIONAL not FLAWLESS.

mark wilson likes this.