1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the Preppers Forum, registration is free and only takes a minute and allows you to join in with the discussions.

Please click here to register.

Knives

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by lonewolf, Mar 2, 2017.

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Administrator Staff Member

i'll have a look at that later, going to local car boot in an hour or so.

2. Brownbear

Brownbear Active Member

Other than that it should actually be able to help you survive? ;) For my money if I had to pick one, it would probably be the Victorinox SwissTool. Good pliers (for lifting pots on and off fires etc) various small, but reasonably useful blades for food prep, general camp use and stuff and they are relatively compact, durable and discreet.

Prime and ystranc like this.
  3. ystranc

ystranc Well-Known Member

The blades are also made of damn good steel and keep a great edge, plus they're legal to carry so they're great as an everyday carry or get you home knife.
    I see no point in buying a zombie slaying knife that will only get you arrested in a pre SHTF world.

Brownbear likes this.
  4. lonewolf

lonewolf Administrator Staff Member

my 2 main knives in a SHTF situation would be a decent sheath knife and a lock knife, and for heavier work a decent machete, i'm not going to be cutting down trees so an axe wont be required.

Brownbear likes this.
  5. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

I'd say for a REAL survival knife its something that is always on you and too hand because you'll never know when the situation actually presents itself. So a solid decent small locker.

Now if your talking about a survival knife as being something you'd WISH to have in a wilderness situation I think that is something quite different indeed.

Brownbear likes this.