1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the Preppers Forum, registration is free and only takes a minute and allows you to join in with the discussions.

Please click here to register.

Knives

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by lonewolf, Mar 2, 2017.

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Administrator Staff Member

2. mark wilson

mark wilson Moderator Staff Member

Some nice knifes on that site lone

3. lonewolf

yes quite a few.

4. Marwood

Marwood Active Member

Love the predator knife... Shes a beauty..

5. ystranc

ystranc Well-Known Member

It's possible to buy the Anglo arms knives much cheaper but I'm not a fan. The lock knives and Spring assisted knives are illegal as an everyday carry in the UK. (They're no use if they get you arrested while trying to board a train) A Swiss Army knife is a legal multi purpose knife for EDC and if you're looking for a fixed blade knife i would reccomend any of the cheaper end Mora steel clipper knives as back ups and a Kbar as your go to fixed blade, not quite as showy as some of the shiney shit that Anglo arms retail but infinitely better quality.

Marwood likes this.
  6. mark wilson

A do have a thing for knifes (heathy addiction) a rather like the buffalo river knife good shape and nice blade and easy to maintain IMG_1461.JPG
    Done a few mods and put a antler handle on it
    IMG_2435.JPG

7. mark wilson

The fallkniven collection it's good...rather pricey tho.....saving to get one just now....

8. lonewolf

like most preppers I have a collection of knives, its an addiction I cant stop buying them!
    I prefer a lock knife for my EDC, any knife unless a fixed blade that dosent lock is a dangerous knife I think.

9. ystranc

I was given a buffalo river knife, while the concave ground blade has a nice weight to it it doesn't keep a great edge. It now lives in the back of the sock drawer with my other mistakes.

10. lonewolf

i'd like a MOD SURVIVAL KNIFE but the cost is a little more than what I usually pay and buying online can be a bit of a pain with all the id checks and stuff.

11. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

This is something I've spoken on before ( not that i'm claiming to be an expert just someone who has been doing all sort of preppy stuff for years ) but I'd really ask people to consider what the MOST important part of what it means to BE a survival Knife actually is????

There are some truly seriously horrendous thought processes that go on when we consider ' Survival Situations ' and look at kit.

I'll leave it there for a bit but ask yourself what the most important part of being able to access a " Survival Knife " is IN a survival situation??

Brownbear likes this.
  12. ystranc

I've said it before, non of my preps are primarily weapons. They are tools. With My Swiss Army folding penknife I can do anything from making trap triggers to minor surgery.....try removing a septic splinter with your 18"zombie slaying kukri and you'll soon see the appeal of the Swiss Army knife.

Marwood and Prime like this.
  13. lonewolf

no prepper has weapons...they are all TOOLS.

Marwood likes this.
  14. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

Getting warm.....

15. ystranc

All preppers are tools? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Nah! Be fair, only some of them are tools...the trick is working out which ones.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

16. mark wilson

Never had a problem with the edge mate....shaving sharp and after a good days use all it needs is a few swipes over the top edge of the car window and it's back. Av purposely abused this knife and it always pulls through...it's a little workhorse...not everyone's cup of tea mate:thumbsup:

17. ystranc

I'm amazed, that Chinese steel isn't the best so maybe it's just mine is from a duff batch

18. mark wilson

Don't get me wrong it's not all that! it's a every day user that am not worried about braking lol. Am going for a fallkniven next maby the a1 or sk6

19. lonewolf

mark wilson likes this.
  20. Brownbear

Brownbear Active Member

An unashamed plug from me for moonrakerknives.co.uk from whom I buy any knives I need. Absolutely brilliant service and run by the nicest people you could ever meet.