1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to the Preppers Forum, registration is free and only takes a minute and allows you to join in with the discussions.

Please click here to register.

Books For Swap.

Discussion in 'The Library' started by lonewolf, Aug 4, 2017.

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Administrator Staff Member

i have 2 spare copies of "Bugging Out" by David E. Crossley (110pages). isbn no: 978-1-291-26683-2
    I will swap them if anyone is interested, nothing specific in mind, more a case of "what have you".

Brownbear likes this.
  2. Brownbear

Brownbear Active Member

This particular title is not of interest to me LW, but you have raised a really good idea that maybe we could have a book swap thread?

3. lonewolf

that's a good idea BB, I've got quite a few I have not exactly doubles of but many titles on the same subject when I really only need one.

4. Brownbear

Brownbear Active Member

I haven't got many but I can pick up nits and pieces. If we all donate one book apiece we can pool and share a lot of good knowledge together.

5. lonewolf

I've got quite a library, I prefer physical books to e readers or kindle or whatever it is called.
    kindle might not be available post shtf but my books will.

Brownbear likes this.
  6. Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer Active Member

Get a standard kindle and they go weeks between charges plus are very easy to charge when needed. I have over a thousand fact/fiction book stored on one with room for more.

7. lonewolf

fine for the good times but when its not possible to recharge them post SHTF because the power is down, yes I know you've got solar power, well good for you.
    I like physical books, they are immediate no charging or recharging, and post shtf they are my reference library.

8. ystranc

ystranc Well-Known Member

i also like books but it's nothing to do with prepping, I just like the aesthetics of handling a book...maybe it's an age thing.

lonewolf and Brownbear like this.
  9. Harry Palmer

Harry Palmer Active Member

I love real books and have a lot and I mean a lot LOL. They will be boxed up and taken to New Zealand when I move. You don't get the same reading pleasure from a Kindle but...they are just so handy to have and only need a small solar charger to keep them going.

To be honest I download all my ebooks from the internet, everything is out there.